Samsung 61st Festival of Sport – “Sport for All” Photo Contest
- To promote the culture of sport in the community and increase the public awareness and participation in the Festival of Sport;
- To promote the theme of “Sport for All”.
The photo entries must be taken from Samsung 61st FOS Carnival cum Opening Ceremony on 7-8 April 2018 at Kowloon Park.
Judging Panel consists of professional judges, the name list will be announced later.
There will be six awards in the Photo Contest. The judges will review all the entries individually and graded the photos in terms of i) relevance, ii) composition, and iii) skills, and select one Champion, one First Runner-up, one Second Runner-up, and three Merit Awards.
The Federation would like to express its heartfelt appreciation to the Title Sponsor Samsung Electronics H.K. Company, Limited for sponsoring the cash prize and its products.
Champion (1 winner)
HK$12,000 Cash and Samsung Galaxy Note8 Smartphone (1 set)
First Runner-up (1 winner)
HK$ 6,000 Cash and Samsung Galaxy S8 Smartphone (1 set)
Second Runner-up (1winner)
HK$ 3,000 Cash and Samsung Galaxy A8+ Smartphone (1 set)
Merit Awards (3 winners)
HK$ 1,000 Cash and Samsung Gear Sport Smart Watch (1 set) for each
The Champion, First Runner-up and Second Runner-up will each receive a trophy. Winners of the Merit Awards will each receive a certificate.
*All prizes are subject to stock availability. Samsung has the right to decide the final product list.
1. Onsite (In person)
a. The photo entries must be taken from Samsung 61st FOS Carnival cum Opening Ceremony on 7-8 April 2018 at Kowloon Park, and submitted with application form at the booth of “Sport for all” Photo Contest set in the arcade area of Kowloon Park on the event days.
b. The photos submitted should be five million pixels or above in JPEG format. Should the photo be in format of print or film, please scan the photograph into digital format.
c. Each participant who submits photos on-site can receive a souvenir (limited quantity, first come first served).
d. The deadline for photo submission on site is 6p.m. on 8 April 2018.
2. By email
a. Participants can also submit the photo with completed application form with signature by email (email@example.com). The application forms will be distributed at the booth of “Sport for all” Photo Contest set in the arcade area of Kowloon Park (on 7-8 April 2018 only) and can be downloaded at http://fos.olympic.org/.
b. Each photo submitted via email must be resized to 5MB or below;
c. The deadline for photo submission by email is 11:59:59p.m. on 8 April 2018 (time according to the organizer). Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Enrollment is open to all. Participants aged under 18 years old on the date of entry required their parent or guardian’s consent for their participation and their parents should have read the terms and condition on their behalf;
- Residents of Hong Kong;
- Employees and family members of the Organizer, Judges and any related companies may not enter the Contest.
Rules & Regulations
- Maximum 3 photo entries from each participant;
- Participants cannot change photo entries / edit photo information after submission;
- Each participant can only receive one award (whichever is higher);
- All photos submitted should be in JPEG format. The participants may submit the photos on-site by USB Flash Drive/ SD / CF /data cable of smartphone. Should the photo be in format of print or film, please scan the photograph into the digital format.
- The photo entries to be submitted can be colored, black and white, digital or film format, with five million pixels or above. General editing, adjustment of color or brightness contrast are allowed, but synthetic works by computer processing and watermark are not accepted;
- All participants should retain their photo in full resolution format. The Organizer may require the winner to submit the original photograph for verification and demonstration (original JPEG, Raw, TIFF digital format or film);
- The photo entries must be taken from Samsung 61st FOS Carnival cum Opening Ceremony on 7-8 April 2018 at Kowloon Park. Participants shall abide by the rules of the venues and all instructions given by the staff of the Organizer/venue managers when they are taking photos. Also, all participants shall not impede the progress of the sports competitions/activities;
- Any late submission will not be entertained.
Terms and Conditions
- By entering “Samsung 61st Festival of Sport Photo Contest”, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions as below and agree to be bound by them;
- By entering the competition, you also confirm that you do not breach any law of Hong Kong regarding the legality of entering the competition. The Organizer and Sponsor will not be responsible for any entrant entering the competition unlawfully or otherwise in breach of Hong Kong law;
- Synthesized entries confirmed by the jury will be disqualified;.
- Photos submitted should be original photographs taken by the participant, in which they own all rights; the Organizer does not have any legal responsibility of the copyright and image rights;
- Photo content cannot involve illegal, obscene, indecent, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, harassing a person to hatred or anxiety, offensive, racism or ethnic discrimination, advocating as a criminal behavior, lead to civil or criminal liability, violate any laws, rules, or improper information;
- The Organizer can request the winners to provide identification proof for verification;
- By participating in the Contest, the entrants grant the Organizer and any party authorized by the Organizer an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right and license to use any material submitted as a part of their entry into the Contest in any manner, for any purpose the Organizer may see fit, in all forms of media now known or hereafter invented, waive any moral rights or similar rights they may have in the works or any part thereof throughout the world; and undertake not to object to any use of the works by the Organizer or any party authorized by the Organizer;
- The Organizer reserves the right to interpret and amend the rules and regulations, as well as the final decision of all activities arrangements, including assessment, awards and other relevant arrangements, participants may not dissent. Any changes of the contest or the letter of the assessment results will not be accepted;
- All entrants are referred to voluntary participate in this Contest, and agree to comply with all the arrangements and decisions by the Organizer. The participants agreed that the Organizer (and / or any organizer authorized third party) to use entrants ‘s name without compensated;
- Any damage or loss during the photos submission process, the Organizer will not bear any compensation and responsibility. The Organizer retains the right to cancel the award eligibility of the entries which refused to be requisitioned;
- Any change of the prizes will be final and binding upon every entrant in the Contest. The winners must accept their prize(s) in the form provided by the sponsor. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-refundable and not exchangeable for cash credit or kind, either in part or in full except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Organizer. The prize(s) cannot be sold or bartered. There is no refund for any partially used prize(s). The Organizer reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to deal with any unclaimed prize(s) in any manner. The Organizer shall not be liable in any way for any failure or breach by any party about the competition and/or prize(s) and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by an entrant arising from the Competition or prize(s). In all cases the Organizer will not be held liable if any prize(s) does not reach any winner for reasons beyond the Organizer’s control;
- Each entrant, by entering the competition, expressly releases the organizer from any claim, action or demand arising out of or about the competition or their prize(s), if any. In particular, each entrant acknowledges that elements of the prize(s) may be provided by third parties over whom the Organizer has no control, and acknowledges that the Organizer has no responsibility or liability for any costs, losses or damages resulting from any factors beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer;
- The Organizer shall not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entrants’ information. This will include but is not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of: any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof;
- The Organizer reserves the right to refuse any entry to participate without explanation;
- The Organizer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to terminate or disqualify any entrant’s entry for the competition or reclaim any prize(s) at any time if it is the opinion of the Organizer that there has been a breach of any of the Terms by such entrant (whether discovered during or after the end of the competition) ;
- Entrants shall indemnify the Organizer, its agents, employees, representatives, associates, affiliates, parent and subsidiary companies against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liability and/or expenses arising out of the entrant’s breach of any of the Terms;
- The Organizer reserves the right of final decision of any dispute;
- The law applicable to the Terms is the law of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the HKSAR) and the courts of the HKSAR will have exclusive jurisdiction in case of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the competition.
Personal Information Collection Statements
Personal data provided by you will be used only for the purposes related to this event.
Official website: http://fos.hkolympic.org
Phone No: 2504-8560